Stud GroomBack to Careers page
Please include your CV and covering letter
Full Time & Part Time positions available
Westbury Matamata are seeking Stud Grooms – Full or Part time – to complete our team as we enter the 2022 breeding season.Dependent on experience and areas of deployment duties involved with this role include, but not limited to:
· General horse grooming and care
· Assist with horse feeding regimes and going on feed runs
· General stable duties and facility maintenance including yard work and mucking out
· Overall tidiness and cleanliness of facilities at all times
· Assist with the preparation of yearlings for the Australasia sales
· Handling of broodmares including assisting with vet work, teasing, and in the serving barn
· Assisting with mares and/or foals pre/post foaling
· Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety in all areas of the farm and adhere to all Health and Safety policies and guidelines.
Full Time applicants \ Our roster enables full time staff to enjoy 4 days off every fortnight (even in the breeding season), working 10 days on. Previous horse experience is necessary with positions available on both the Yearling and Broodmare teams.
Fixed term roles are available for immediate start or at a mutually agreeable starting date until February 2023 with the potential of permanent employment. Accommodation is dependent on availability (enquire within).
Part Time applicants \ Our days and hours are flexible from Monday – Sunday. Previous horse experience is necessary.
Part time positions are available now through to February 2023 with weekends ideal for University or School goers. Accommodation is unavailable for part time positions.
Please send your CV of no more than two pages with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience. Follow the Apply Now button (top left) to send your application or email our recruitment team at email@example.com.