Stud GroomBack to Careers page
Please include your CV and covering letter
Westbury Karaka are seeking Stud Grooms – Full or Part time – to assist with the stud duties during the winter.
Dependent on experience and areas of deployment, duties involved with this role include but are not limited to:
· General horse grooming and care
· Assist with horse feeding regimes and going on feed runs
· General stable duties and facility maintenance including yard work and mucking out
· Overall tidiness and cleanliness of facilities at all times
· Rotational handling of weanlings
· Assist with the preparation of yearlings for the Australasia sales
· Handling of broodmares including assisting with vet work
· Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety in all areas of the farm and adhere to all Health and Safety policies and guidelines.
Full Time applicants - Our roster enables full time staff to enjoy 4 days off every fortnight working 10 days on. Previous horse experience is necessary with positions available on both the Yearling and Broodmare teams.
Fixed term roles are available for an immediate start, or at a mutually agreeable starting date, through to August 2023 with the potential of permanent employment if the candidate has the necessary skills for our breeding season . Accommodation for full time employees is dependent on availability (enquire within).
Part Time applicants - Our days and hours are flexible from Monday – Sunday. Previous horse experience is necessary.
Part time positions are available now through to August 2023 with weekends ideal for University or School goers. Accommodation is unavailable for part time positions.
Please send your CV of no more than two pages with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience. Follow the Apply Now button to send your application.