Farm Maintenance Assistant
One of New Zealand's leading thoroughbred stud farms is currently seeking a person to join our Maintenance team at both farms located in Karaka and Matamata.
Westbury Stud is a significant thoroughbred breeding operation with a team who is committed to rearing horses to become high performing racehorses. Both roles advertised is for a proactive and energetic person who enjoys working outdoors to join our high performing Maintenance teams in Auckland and in the Waikato which sits on a total of 785 acres of prime farmland
This is a great position for people without previous farm hand experience to gain basic industry knowledge.
The following skills and attributes are not essential, but an advantage:
· General fencing, maintenance, operations and building skills
· Familiar with using and maintaining a wide range of farm machinery and hand tools
· Strong communication skills to maintain effective and positive work relationships
· Ability to work in a team and autonomously
· Be physically fit, some heavy lifting required
· Demonstrate integrity, honesty, reliability and a positive attitude
Previous experience is an advantage and the right to work in New Zealand is essential. This is a permanent position based on a Monday – Friday work week.
Westbury Stud has a reputation for quality both internally and externally, we have a great supportive team environment, a cultivating culture and we are excited to introduce a new member to contribute to our team.
Please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com